Monday, November 22, 2021

NIGHT SKY IN FOREST HILLS

 

NIGHT SKY IN FOREST HILLS

I was looking to take a picture of the moon

But the moon was hiding or camera shy

So I had to settle for a picture of the 

Night sky with a distant star

Walking home after buying bananas 

Walnuts 

Blackberries 

Shaving cream and a charging cable

I had watched the sanitation man 

Throw a clear plastic bag 

Filled with cardboard

Into the street 

Which later he picked up

Chucking it inside the garbage truck

With cars honking 

And the massive apartment buildings

Looming over me 

I thought what a mess 

We've made of our world

But then suddenly I realized

Who cares?

The planet  certainly doesn't

Time just keeps moving forward

Six hundred and thirty million

Four hundred and fifty six thousand

And ninety three days from now

This same spot I am standing in

Will still be here

And there's nothing that can change that

Even with our bombs we can't really 

Blow everything up

We can only destroy ourselves

Earth in a way was 

Letting me know

Thank you for worrying

But I got this

No comments:

Post a Comment