Thursday, November 18, 2021

A PURE AESTHETIC

 

A PURE AESTHETIC

82nd Avenue

In Kew Gardens

Passes over the Long Island Railroad tracks

It is not a particularly busy road

Either with cars or people

John Chadwell took his time

To create "EASTBOUND-WESTBOUND"

On the side walls of the pedestrian bridge

Not because he was trying to become famous

Or rich

Getting in your face 

With a big statement 

Or deep meaning

Simply a working artist

Contributing his palette of colors

For those who might enjoy it

And for those who walk by

Without bothering to look

No harm 

No foul


4 comments:

  1. I just stumbled across your blog after reading "Strong Impressions" by Chekhov and found your analysis. I was so impressed I was moved to click on your profile. As a fellow poet, I am blown away by the simplicity and clarity with which you write. It feels like you know yourself and your world, or are at least trying very hard to. It reads easily and profoundly. I hope you continue to put your work somewhere on the internet in the future. Very much enjoyed!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much for your gracious comment! Do you have a site where your work can be read?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad to see you have posted again! In inspiration I have created a blog and uploaded some of my recent writings and pictures.
      https://dylanmosesandtheworld.blogspot.com/

      Delete
    2. That’s great! Your work is a delicious meal of images and ideas. I enjoyed it!

      Delete