Saturday, April 10, 2021

PLANT

 

PLANT

Walking with my son in the Jamaica Bay Wildlife Refuge

We noticed a beautiful plant and I took a picture

Actually my son asked me why was I taking a picture

It's just a plant

Unfortunately I couldn't tell him what kind of plant it was

Because I had no idea

I was never exposed to nature

Other than city parks 

Sure I've been upstate and hiked on some trails

But the appreciation of the natural world

Learning the names of plants and birds

Which surrounded us as we

Strolled on the West Pond Trail

Was something remote

Something I might take an interest in

While watching a nature program

On PBS

Other than pigeons and sparrows

Squirrels and rats

Wildlife remains like one of those long

Mathematical equations a physics professor

Might write on a blackboard

Fascinating but undecipherable

Too bad

No comments:

Post a Comment