Wednesday, January 27, 2021

STEREO

 

STEREO

The CD player on my stereo wasn't working

I took it to a repair shop

How quaint

We tend to throw away old things

That don't work right

Instead of fixing them

Many times they tell us

It costs more to fix

Than to buy a new one

Some things like CD players

Have been made obsolete

Taken over by new technology

But my Technics stereo

Had a sentimental value

Maybe because they don't make them anymore

Or the cool sidelights

Or that it also has a cassette player

Or because it just looks pretty

So I took it to be repaired

I was happy when I put in a CD and it played again

Then it broke once more

I did think of getting rid of it

But I went back and fixed it again

Going to the repair shop 

Was a time travel experience

Electronics and dot matrix printers

All kinds of gadgets

Some there as almost ornaments of another age

When things somehow seemed more 

Comprehensible

My stereo was fixed and I used it for a while

But it now rests somewhere in a corner

Of my apartment

Disconnected

Like all of us in a way

No comments:

Post a Comment